Having problems with transferring media files onto Galaxy Tab 3? Follow this tutorial to learn how to sync video, music, photo and iBook from PC to Galaxy Tab 3 with Samsung Kies.The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3's light, comfortable design, myriad useful features, and bright colorful screen makes the 8-incher one of the best small tablets on the market.
It’s a wonderful experience to watch your videos/music/iBook library with it. Do you know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 to PC for transferring video, music, movie files? Read on the page and found out some tips and tricks.
In fact, there are various ways for you to transfer video and audio files to your Galaxy Tab 3. Here are the top 5 suggestions:
1. Transfer from PC.
2. Transfer from a PC with Samsung Kies.
3. Transfer from a PC with Windows Media Player.
4. Receive via Bluetooth.
5. Receive via Wi-Fi.
Method 1: Transfer video, music, photo and iBook files from PC
1. Connect your Galaxy Tab 3 to your PC using the USB data cable.
2. On your phone, a USB icon will appear in the top Notification bar. Drag the notification bar downwards and then tap on the Connected as a media device.
3. On the USB PC connection screen, ensure the Media device (MTP) checkbox is ticked. Now, you’re ready to transfer files between your PC and phone.
4. Open up your PC Windows Explorer, and you should see your Galaxy Tab 3 shows up as a removable disk.
5. Access the phone storage via Windows Explorer. Here, you should see the Video and Music folders.
6. Simply drag/copy-and-paste your music or video files from your computer to the respective folders. On your Galaxy Tab 3, the media players will automatically recognize the files.
7. Alternatively, you can create a new folder in your phone storage or external memory card to store these files. The Galaxy Tab 3 will scan storage and list them accordingly on the music and video players automatically.
Method 2: Transfer media files using Windows Media Player
1. Connect your Galaxy Tab 3 to your PC using the USB data cable.
2. Run Windows Media Player on your PC.
3. On the left side of the Windows Media Player, you will see little icons which represent the phone internal and external storage (only visible if your phone has an external memory card). In this tutorial, I will select the phone storage.
4. Next, move to the right side and click the Sync tab.
5. Drag the music files, videos or even a playlist to the Sync list area.
Note: You can drag these files from either the PC folders or Windows Media Player library.
6. Once you have all the files in the Sync list, click Start sync.
7. Now, move to the left, and click Sync status to verify if those files are successfully copied over to your phone.
8. Start playing those songs on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
Method 3: Transfer (Video, Music, Photo, iBook) media files using Samsung Kies
Using this freeware provided by Samsung you can connect the Galaxy Tab 3 to PC and transfer Video, Music, Photo, iBook to the device at ease.
Software availability: Kies Download
Step 1. Install Kies to your PC.
Once you’ve downloaded the .exe, do the usual double click on the desktop icon to start the installer. This runs you through various steps such as choosing your country and language and what specific elements you want to install. Once you’ve finally installed Kies and booted it up, you see this nice user guide. This is useful, read it through and you’ll learn the basic features of Kies.
Step 2. Setup your Galaxy Tab 3 for Kies connection.
Boot the Galaxy Tab 3 device, press the Menu Key
In Menu mode, select “Settings-> Wireless and network->> USB settings->> Samsung Kies”.
Step 3. Connect your Galaxy Tab 3 to the PC with a USB cable.
Kies will automatically detect the device. Your connected Galaxy Tab will appear as icons at the upper right corner of the screen in the order they have been connected.
Step 4. Exporting videos from PC to Galaxy Tab 3.
Click on “My Computer” at the left top of Kies to open My Computer Window, and select the files you want to export. Drag and drop the selected items onto either the connected Galaxy Tab icon or the Device Browser window.
Step 5. Remove the Galaxy Tab 3 Device.
Close Kies, and click the “Safely remove hardware” icon on the taskbar to remove Galaxy Tab 3 from your PC. Now you can play the video files on Galaxy Tab 3 freely. Hope this helps.
Supported video formats and codec by Galaxy Tab 3
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is an excellent media player that supports SD video clips as well as HD videos up to 1080p. Just one thing, make sure the video format and codec is supported by Galaxy Tab before you sync the videos to the tablet. Here are supported file formats by Galaxy Tab for your reference below:
- Supported video format (file extentsion) by Galaxy Tab 3: MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, 3GP, FLV, MKV
- Supported video codec by Galaxy Tab 3: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV
- Supported audio format and codec by Galaxy Tab 3: MP3, OGG, AC3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WAV, FLAC
Ensure Galaxy Tab 3 play all kinds of videos
In case that your video files are not in these formats and codec, you can use the Video Converter tool included in Kies to convert source videos for Galaxy Tab 3 playback. This video converter tool, however, supports limited formats and converts videos forever long.
A recommended alternative here is Pavtube Videos to Galaxy Tab 3 Converter, a universal converter software that converts among various video formats (AVI, MP4, WMV, VOB, MTS, M2TS, MP4, MKV, MPG, etc) and features Galaxy Tab 3 optimized prests for conversion. This little tool makes it possible for you to play MKV/MTS/AVI/MPG on Galaxy Tab 3.
To view Blu-ray/DVD movies on Galaxy Tab 3, try Pavtube Blu-ray to Galaxy Tab 3 Converter, which rips Blu-ray Discs and standard DVDs to Galaxy Tab 3 support format.
- How to Copy 3D Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy S5 for ZEISS VR One?
- Copy DVD to Samsung Galaxy S8 for Watching on the go
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Edge Supported Files
- Rip Blu-ray to Galaxy On8/On7/On7 Pro/On5/On5 Pro
- Play Supported/Unsupported movies on Galaxy Tab S
- Copy DVD to Plex For Samsung Samsung TV Streaming
- Supported Files of Samsung Galaxy A3/5/6/7/8/9
- View DVD on Galaxy J7 through Gear VR
- How to Play Video on Galaxy On8/On7/On7 Pro/On5/On5 Pro?
- Copy Blu-ray to Samsung Portable SSD T3
- Copy Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7/8.0
- Rip Blu-ray to Portable hard drive for Samsung audio video unit
- Put DVD Movies to Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for Playback
- Put DVD Collection To Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ For Playing
- Top Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy Converter – Rip Blu-ray to Galaxy S7/S6/Note 5/Note 4
- Make 3D Movies For Your Samsung Gear VR With Old Movie Library And Blu-Ray/DVD Disc